Does Water Fasting Really Work?
Does Water Fasting Really Work? Over the past 5 years, I have personally witnessed over 300 clinical study 21 day participants at our fasting retreat/workshops in Hawaii. Most participants become magically healthier, lose up to 30 pounds, look and feel 10 years younger or less toxic from learning and practicing, not only intermittent and block fasting, but incorporating many of the Earther Academy “Terrain Modification” protocols, practices and principles at the same time.
Intermittent and Block Fasting allows a deep, physiological rest of the digestive organs. The energy rested and saved goes into a rejuvenation state of self-healing and self-repairing.
A Little History on Fasting
In many cultures and in biblical times, fasting without any food was a normal part of a spiritual life. It is said: Jesus fasted for 40 days before beginning his ministry.
In the past many of the Egyptians used to “Block Fast” and perform enemas at the end of every month for three days to relieve the body from all excess accumulations.
There are several types of fasting you can do as an effective detoxification and rejuvenation therapy or as a very smart lifestyle change.
“The addition of food should be much rarer, since it is often useful to completely take it away while the patient can withstand it, until the force of the disease reaches its maturity.
The man carries within him a doctor; you just have to help him do his work. If the body is not cleared, then the more you feed it, the more it will be harmed. When a patient is fed too richly, the disease is fed as well. Remember – any excess is against nature.”Hippocrates, the Father of Modern Medicine
The two main types of fasting are “Intermittent and Block Fasting”
Intermittent Fasting is one of the best ways I have found out how to thrive and live by. I have been using using intermittent fasting protocols daily for over 15 years. This type of therapy and protocol’s have really changed my life for the better.
Intermittent Fasting is less than a 24 hour period of fasting.
I recommend people to start out with daily intermittent fasting schedules of 16-18 hours between meals to start with. My fasting practice right now is eating one large meal a day, or 1 full meal within a 24 hour period.
Part of my Fasting Routine is having my “Morning Breakfast Tea“.
Block Fasting is when you fast without any food for more than a 24 hour block of time.
Block Fasting is more therapeutically aggressive than Intermittent Fasting protocols. I have found through clinical research that fasting for 3-14 days at a time is a very effective therapy for many illnesses and dysfunctions. Block fasting is recommended to be under the supervision of a qualified fasting medical practitioner.
Many people start out with their first “Block Fast” with a 24-36 hour period using distilled water.
After 3 days of fasting Ketosis takes place in the bloodstream, and now is your new fuel your body will use during the rest of the Block Fast.
Ketosis usually occurs after about 3 days of fasting, before the body starts to produce “Ketones” which is a new type of regeneration fuel the body uses when fasting.
Ketosis forms when all of the bodies sugar’s or any excess food fuel has been completely used up in the body.
I like to have people see if they can first start with a simple 24-36 hour “Block Fast” to see how it goes. After your first short fast then you may be ready to try for at least 72 hours or 3 day Block Fast to get the body into a state of Ketosis.
“Ketosis is a metabolic state in which some of the body’s energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis in which blood glucose provides energy. Generally, ketosis occurs when the body is metabolizing fat at a high rate and converting fatty acids into ketones.”
Watch the recommended videos below for more information on fasting and other Terrain Modification protocols.
“I fast for greater mental and physical efficiency.”The Greek Philosopher Plato
How Fasting Affects Our Cells and Hormones
When you fast, several things happen in your body on the hormonal, cellular and molecular levels.
For example, your body adjusts hormone levels to make stored body fat more accessible.
Your cells also initiate important repair processes and change the expression of genes.
Here are a few upgrades and positive changes that usually occur in our bodies when we fast for a period of time:
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH): The levels of growth hormone strikingly elevate, increasing as much as 5-fold. Increase of this hormone has many benefits for mental cognition, fat loss, muscle gain and regeneration to name a few.
- Insulin: Insulin sensitivity improves and levels of insulin drop dramatically. Lowering insulin levels makes stored body fat more accessible to remove.
- Cell detoxification and repair: When we water fast our cells initiate cell detoxification and repair processes using a process called ”Autophagy”, where cells can digest and detoxify old and dysfunctional proteins that build up inside cells.
- Gene expressions: There are many changes in the function of genes related to longevity and protection against many forms of disease.
Health And Wellness Benefits
Many studies over the years have been done on intermittent fasting in both animals and humans.
Studies have shown over and over again that fasting can have powerful benefits for weight control and the health and vitality of your body and mind.
I know many cultures that swear to the benefits of fasting to even help you live longer.
Here are some of the main health benefits of intermittent fasting:
- Weight loss: Intermittent and block fasting can easily help you lose body and belly fat, without having to consciously restrict calories.
- Detoxification and Regeneration.
- Insulin resistance: Intermittent fasting and block fasting can reduce insulin resistance, lowering blood sugar by 3–6% and fasting insulin levels by 20–31%, which should protect against type 2 diabetes.
- Inflammation reduction: Many studies show reductions in blood markers of chronic inflammation usually a major symptom in many chronic diseases.
- Heart and vascular system: Intermittent and block fasting is seen to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol, blood triglycerides, parasites, toxicity – all risk factors for heart disease.
- Cancer and Parasites: Animal studies suggest that intermittent and block fasting may prevent cancer.
- Brain and nervous system: Intermittent and block fasting increases the brain hormone called BDNF and may aid in the growth of new nerve cells. It may also protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Anti-aging and longevity: Intermittent and block fasting can extend lifespan in rats. Studies showed that fasted rats lived 36–83% longer.
When we “Intermittent or Block Fast” for extended periods of time many studies show and are well documented positive changes in hormonal levels, cellular transport functions, anti-aging, detoxification and gene expressions are responsible for the many health benefits of “Intermittent and Block Fasting”.
Safety And Side Effects While Fasting
Hunger, insomnia, nausea, nervousness, mild headaches, emptiness, mild depression are the main side effects of “Intermittent and Block Fasting”.
Many people that are not to healthy will feel considerably physically weak and your brain may not perform as before you started the fast. For many people fasting gives them great energy and clarity of the mind.
The more toxic you are the more detoxification side effects you may have.
The first 2-3 days are the hardest part of a 3-14 day fast. Most of the feeling people have are only temporary until the body learns how to start making its own fuel in the form of ketones and new meal schedule.
If you have a medical condition, you should consult with a qualified doctor with fasting experience before trying block fasting.
This is particularly important if you are or have:
- Problems with Blood Sugar Regulation
- Low blood pressure
- Taking medications
- History of Eating Disorders
- Female who is trying to conceive
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding
I have found intermittent fasting to be very safe for most people. I would always recommend if you are going to do more than a three day fast you may want medical supervision.
In my opinion, not eating three meals a day is very invigorating and healthy to the body and mind. If you are healthy then “Intermittent and Block Fasting” is an excellent way to keep healthy, wealthy, happy and wise.
Recommended Course and Categories: Ketogenic Diet Recipes, 21 Day Fast, Water, Fasting, Liquids of Vitality Philosophy and Breakfast Teas.
Hope you enjoy this “Does Water Fasting Really Work?” Video :))
To become an Earther Member Click Here!
or Login to see the Private Videos.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Join our Free Informative Newsletter to receive future updates on our next WORLDWIDE ONLINE Life Transformation Group Guided Retreats, and get access to a Selection of Private Videos. You will also receive a coupon for 25% Discount Coupon for Earth Shift Products!
The Earth Shift Discount Coupon is good for one-time use, and is valid for 25% off an order of $200+. This code includes free ground shipping within the 48 contiguous states. This code cannot be combined with other promo codes.